Some serious progress was made on our second floor construction project last week, so the nursery decorating bug has really bit me. Every time we go to Lowe’s the paint chips call my name and I’ve spent hours scouring the interwebs for inspiration. I’ve even asked Chris for his input and I’ve been thrilled that he has an opinion and that we actually agree on many of our design plans!
So, without further ado, I introduce you to our sunshiney-gray-baby-boy nursery design plan:
Feel free to put your feet up and make yourself at home while I give you the run down:
- Starting with the top, I’m loving the CB2 Eden Pendant Lamp. This would be the room’s main light fixture and would sit close to the ceiling since the nursery boasts only the standard 8-foot height.
- Next up are the members of our general color palette. We are going with a mix of white, black, gray and yellow. The walls will be painted Benjamin Moore Gray Horse and the trim and ceiling will be bright white. The room will be finished off with crown molding (yay!).
- Working our way down, we have a few decorative pieces that are also functional. First up is the retro stainless steel fan, which will look nice and help in SIDS prevention (in case that theory is true). Then we have the adorable PetitCollage elephant mirror, which will help reflect light and allow me to see how fantastic I look during late night feedings.
- Next up is a bright yellow dresser. This particular dresser (altered by me with numbered drawer pulls) is wayyyy out of our league at $1,595, but luckily I’ve landed the perfect substitute on Craigslist for a mere $50. I’ll re-finish the dresser and slap on some of these Pottery Barn Kids numbered drawer pulls (on clearance!), which will be updated with a slick coat of black spray paint.
- To the right we have some of my fabric swatches. Clockwise: Waverly Cross Section Charoal; Premier Prints Chipper Slub Texture Corn Yellow; Premier Prints Ele Slub Texture Corn Yellow; Amy Butler Midwest Modern Martini Mustard. These fabrics (and probably more) will help me create some DIY projects like a quilt, crib skirt, ottoman, window treatments and book slings. I can hardly stand the excitement.
- BBF (Baby Boy F.) will have some cozy dreams in this DaVinci Emily 4-in-1 convertible crib in Ebony. Oddly enough, I fell in love with this crib on looks alone before I found out that it is actually one of the top recommendations from Consumer Reports and is half-off with free shipping. Yes, please!
- And then we have our reading nook with this comfy looking TULLSTA chair from Ikea. I am Swedish, after all. Paired with this adjustable reading lamp, I’m sure that we’ll have many sleepless cozy nights in this corner.
And there you have it…the perfect baby boy nursery (in my mind). What I love about this design is that the colors are perfect for BBF as he grows into toddler/boy stages. And, if we are ever blessed with a future baby girl, we could easily swap out yellow accents with a bright pink and all would be well. Gotta love versatility.
So, what do you think? Any suggestions? I can’t wait to get started…working on this will definitely help the last 20 weeks fly by!